Monday, July 6, 2009

Go.

Had a very good and motivating conversation with a friend on the beach today.  

"Move out of the shell, free yourself from the safety of coddling arms, you are equipped to do this, you can do this."

I have been thinking a lot about this.  A lot about my place in life..  same house, same job, same church for a while now..  settling in..  thinking..  this is it.   Wait, this is it?  If this is it, then I hate this.  Who said I had to stay here?  Who told me that if I am settling in like a barnacle on a rock that this is what life is all about?  And why have I listened?  Are they barnacles that just want company?  Wherever I got this idea from..  I know it wasn't from God, I have heard grains of truth today that made me feel really uncomfortable and yet excited...  

I have put many elaborate and embroidered limitations on this God I choose to follow..  or this God who has chosen to pursue me and call me His own.  He's so sweet like that.  

I have all of these ideas and dreams that just remain vaulted in the sky..  and I haven't moved out in faith towards any of them.  This has surely limited God, this has surely limited me.

Well, I've got some time left, a really sweet tan..  and many ideas to put down on paper.. and then move on them and will seek His guidance throughout..  I told the Lord today.. "Well, okay. Push my boat off shore, you've given me everything I need to sail."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers